Delivering and tracking content on the internet is a major issue in the digital media content industry today. Collectively, the numbers of digital objects being generated each year are estimated at 1 trillion worldwide. Within the music, entertainment, print publishing, software and stock image markets the value of this content is over $500 billion and is estimated to grow to over $700 billion in the next 3 years. Along with this dramatic growth is the increased need for content owners, distributors and consumers of digital objects to understand how their content is being used on the internet.
While the awareness has been raised it remains extremely difficult for content owners to enforce copyrights and license rights. It is the tremendous success of the internet that is driving the growing use of and misuse of intellectual property and copyrighted material. Underlying this increase in internet use are the following trends:
- The ever increasing bandwidth that allows for the near frictionless delivery of music, image, digital text and more recently digital video
- Improvements in the ability to monetize digital intellectual property such as digital images, music, text, and video
- The lack of identification, tracking, and business intelligence systems for these digital objects
- A myriad of non-interoperable digital rights management schemes and systems
- Pushback by consumers of digital rights management systems
Recent developments reveal that owners, distributors and consumers are becoming increasing concerned about the lack of being able to track or identify their content as well as the mechanisms to identify and protect it:
As a result, the industry is losing upwards of $11B in lost revenue in 2006 and predicted to grow to beyond $140 billion over the next 8 years
- According to the MPAA over $7B in revenue due illegal piracy of videos content.
- The RIAA reports that the trade of pirate music content was worth $4.5 billion globally in 2006
Infoflows Fedmark Platform
It is against this backdrop that Infoflows introduces the Fedmarksm Platform and the Fedmark Image and Fedmark Video Solutions. The Fedmarksm Platform is focused on an innovative approach to tracking, monitoring, legal control and recovery of online assets by content owners. Supported by an easily managed user interface, the most powerful internet crawl technology available, and a dynamic visual search capability, Infoflows believes that Fedmark will become the standard for intellectual property protection for all forms of digital objects – be they stock images, video clips, audio files, or software applications.
Information Contact: email@example.com